- 24 HOUR CRISIS and SUPPORT LINE
- EMERGENCY SHELTER AND SAFE HOME NETWORK
- PEER SUPPORT COUNSELING
- SUPPORT GROUPS
- ADVOCACY WITH COURT, LEGAL, MEDICAL, AND SOCIAL SERVICE AGENCIES
- INFORMATION AND REFERRALS
- EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOPS
- SPEAKERS FOR COMMUNITY GROUPS, BUSINESSES, AND SCHOOLS
- VOLUNTEER ADVOCATE TRAINING PROGRAM
- CHANGES THRIFT STORE
TPN Looks Forward to Hosting Two AmeriCorps Members This Fall
TPN is dedicated to supporting victims/survivors in their efforts to heal from the trauma of domestic violence, sexual assault and/or stalking, while striving to prevent the occurrence of violence in Sullivan County and in society at large.
AmeriCorps Victim Assistance Program Overview
AVAP is a multi-agency collaboration designed to address critical service needs in our communities and justice systems by ensuring services and education are available to victims of domestic and sexual violence and stalking throughout New Hampshire, and promoting community service.
This is an extraordinary opportunity that is available with the AmeriCorps Victim Assistance Program. By joining AVAP, people have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of victims of domestic and sexual violence and stalking. Once individuals join AVAP, they receive training from experts in the field of victim services, learn skills that transfer to any occupation and make valuable connections with other socially conscious individuals.
AVAP anticipates placing up to 27 members at crisis centers including Turning Points Network, police departments, prosecutor offices, Department of Corrections, Department of Justice, child advocacy centers and colleges and universities throughout the state of New Hampshire.
- At least 18 years of age
- Commitment to community service
- Interest in the issues of domestic and sexual violence and stalking
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to remain non-judgmental and open-minded
- No prior related experience necessary
- Full time commitment beginning September 5, 2017 through September 1, 2018
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation and automobile insuranceAt least 18 years of age
Full Time Benefits
- $242.88 Weekly living allowance
- Health Insurance (for full time members only)
- Child Care Benefits (if member meets eligibility requirements)
- $5815.00 educational award upon successful completion of program requirements
Contact us at 603-542-8338. Posted June 3, 2017
TPN seeks a PART-TIME Sales Associate for CHANGES Thrift Store, a program of Turning Points Network. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail oriented, has excellent customer service skills, values diversity and is interested in providing a service to the community. Changes Thrift Store generates revenue for the programs and services of Turning Points Network.
Send resume to Samantha.Dubois@comcast.net or pick up an application at Changes Thrift Store in Claremont.
Job Description (Click here to download a PDF)
THRIFT STORE SALES ASSOCIATE
- Knowledgeable about and supportive of TPN mission, philosophy and services
- Must have a philosophy that is consistent with the mission, vision and core values of the organization
- Retail management and sales experience
- Experience in volunteer relationship building
- Must possess a commitment to the belief that all people have the right to dignity, respect and opportunity
- Provide Changes Thrift Store operations including cash register operations, bank deposits, accepting donations and pricing donations.
- Provide input on an annual sales plan including objectives to maximize profitability and meet projected goals.
Work with Store Manager and other store staff to optimize store sales by ensuing the store meets or exceeds its sale plan.
- Provide input on building partnerships with community businesses and organizations to increase donations.
Provide exemplary, respectful customer service.
- Coach volunteers in promoting Changes’ best interests including superior customer service and meeting their daily job functions.
- Work with Store Manager and other store staff to implement an annual plan to appreciate volunteers.
- Provide for daily maintenance and cleanliness of the store.
- Create a welcoming environment for customers.
Store and put out seasonal merchandise.
Accept and refuse donations according to store protocol.
Attend store staff meetings.
Bring issues and concerns related to the store and its functioning immediately to the attention of the Store Manager.
Reach out to the Store Manager for assistance at any time and to discuss any suggestions for improving the store’s functions and profitability.
Physical and Additional Requirements
Must be able to lift and move up to 35 pounds including items awkward in size and stature, and occasionally up to 50 pounds. Must be able to climb, balance, kneel, stoop, bend, crouch and reach with arms. Must be able to stand for eight hours at a time. Must be polite, tactful, organized, maintain a neat appearance including clean clothes and personal hygiene, able and willing to follow direction from supervisor, and able to get along with co-workers as a team member.