- 24 HOUR CRISIS and SUPPORT LINE
- EMERGENCY SHELTER AND SAFE HOME NETWORK
- PEER SUPPORT COUNSELING
- SUPPORT GROUPS
- ADVOCACY WITH COURT, LEGAL, MEDICAL, AND SOCIAL SERVICE AGENCIES
- INFORMATION AND REFERRALS
- EDUCATIONAL WORKSHOPS
- SPEAKERS FOR COMMUNITY GROUPS, BUSINESSES, AND SCHOOLS
- VOLUNTEER ADVOCATE TRAINING PROGRAM
- CHANGES THRIFT STORE
TPN Looks Forward to Hosting Two AmeriCorps Members This Fall
TPN is dedicated to supporting victims/survivors in their efforts to heal from the trauma of domestic violence, sexual assault and/or stalking, while striving to prevent the occurrence of violence in Sullivan County and in society at large.
AmeriCorps Victim Assistance Program Overview
AVAP is a multi-agency collaboration designed to address critical service needs in our communities and justice systems by ensuring services and education are available to victims of domestic and sexual violence and stalking throughout New Hampshire, and promoting community service.
This is an extraordinary opportunity that is available with the AmeriCorps Victim Assistance Program. By joining AVAP, people have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of hundreds of victims of domestic and sexual violence and stalking. Once individuals join AVAP, they receive training from experts in the field of victim services, learn skills that transfer to any occupation and make valuable connections with other socially conscious individuals.
AVAP anticipates placing up to 27 members at crisis centers including Turning Points Network, police departments, prosecutor offices, Department of Corrections, Department of Justice, child advocacy centers and colleges and universities throughout the state of New Hampshire.
- At least 18 years of age
- Commitment to community service
- Interest in the issues of domestic and sexual violence and stalking
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to remain non-judgmental and open-minded
- No prior related experience necessary
- Full time commitment beginning September 5, 2017 through September 1, 2018
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation and automobile insuranceAt least 18 years of age
Full Time Benefits
- $242.88 Weekly living allowance
- Health Insurance (for full time members only)
- Child Care Benefits (if member meets eligibility requirements)
- $5815.00 educational award upon successful completion of program requirements
Contact us at 603-542-8338. Posted June 3, 2017